LAST UPDATED: November 16, 2020
Your privacy is important to you and to us—so we protect the information you share with us.
We are a private company, established in the U.S.A., registered at 1844 Sir Tyler Drive, Wilmington, NC 28405, United States (“Physical Notice Address”) with the contact email address firstname.lastname@example.org (“Email Notice Address”) and for the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) we are the data processor.
We encourage you to review any applicable institutional (if you are so associated) privacy policies, terms, and agreements to see how your personal information may be used or disclosed by that institution.
NOTICE OF INFORMATION COLLECTED AND USE.
(a) Information Collected and Stored.
We will inform you when we need information that personally identifies you (personal information) or allows us to contact you or provide you with the Services. Generally, this information is requested when you register for our Services, when you fill out our contact form, or when you sign up for our newsletter.
You may be able to log into our Services using single sign-on providers or single sign-on features of other products. These products will authenticate your identity and may share certain personal information with us such as your name and email address.
We use various methods and technologies to store or collect Usage Information (“Tracking Technologies”). A few of the Tracking Technologies used with the Services, include, without limitation, cookies, web beacons, embedded scripts, browser fingerprinting, entity tags, UTM codes (i.e. a code that you can attach to a custom URL in order to track a source, medium, and campaign name), and recognition technologies that make assumptions about users and devices. We use Tracking Technologies for a variety of purposes, including:
- Strictly Necessary. We use Tracking Technologies that we consider are strictly necessary to allow you to use and access our Services, including cookies required to prevent fraudulent activity, improve security or allow you to make use of Services functionality.
- Performance Related. We use Tracking Technologies that are useful in order to assess the performance of the Services, including as part of our analytic practices or otherwise to improve the content, ads, products, or services offered through the Services.
- Functionality Related. We use Tracking Technologies that are required to offer you enhanced functionality when accessing the Services, including identifying you when you use our Services or keeping track of your specified preferences.
- Targeting Related. We use Tracking Technologies to deliver content, which may include ads, including those promoted by our affiliates or partners, that we deem relevant to your interests on our Services and third–party services based on how you interact with our advertisements and/or content. This includes using Tracking Technologies to understand the usefulness to you of the content and ads that have been delivered to you.
(b) Location–Based Information. In connection with use of our Services we may use location–based services in order to verify your location and, if we deem appropriate, deliver relevant content and ads based on your location. We also share your location with third–parties (as set out below) as part of the location–based services we offer and for other commercial purposes. You can change the settings on your device to prevent it from providing us with such information. This location data is collected in a form that personally identifies you and will be used by us, and our partners and licensees to provide and improve the Services or for other commercial purposes. You should consider the risks involved in disclosing your location information and adjust your mobile and browser settings accordingly.
(c) Information Collected and Stored—Text Messages. After you sign up for our Services (subject to your consent where required by applicable law), we may send you text messages as part of a two–part authentication process. In addition, we may send you text messages that provide marketing, promotional, and/or other information. We, and our third–party service providers, use a variety of technologies that automatically (or passively) store or collect certain information whenever you we send you a text message. This information will be stored or accessed using a variety of technologies that will be downloaded to your mobile device whenever you receive a text message.
(d) California Do Not Track Disclosures. Various third–parties are developing or have developed signals or other mechanisms for the expression of consumer choice regarding the collection of information about an individual consumer’s online activities over time and across third–party websites or online services (e.g., browser do not track signals). Currently, we do not monitor or take any action with respect to these signals or other mechanisms.
We will inform you when we need information that personally identifies you (personal information) or allows us to contact you or provide you with the Services. Generally, this information is requested when you register for our Services or when you fill out our contact form on our Website, or sign up for our newsletter.
Company may also record information about how individuals access our Services. This information is typically not personally identifiable and may include internet protocol (IP) addresses (or the DNS name associated with it) of the individual's computer, the website from which the individual linked to our Services, and the browser software the individual is using to access our Services. This information is used in the aggregate to administer computer systems and to make improvements to our Services.
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION YOU SHARE.
(a) Company shares information under the following circumstances:
- Information held in the Services may be accessed by and shared in order for to manage any product offerings and services. We may also use your Information to deliver product information from third parties to you through our Services.
- We will use your information to provide the Services, and we may provide information to companies that assist us in providing Services, such as a hosting provider or a customer service provider. These companies are authorized to use your information only as necessary to provide these Services and to assist with supporting our users.
- We may share your information in response to subpoenas, court orders, and other legal processes or governmental requests, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- Company may share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, protecting and defending the rights or property of Company, its Services and its users, violations of our Terms, or as otherwise required by law.
(b) Legitimate Interests. As it is in our legitimate interests to be responsive to you and to ensure the proper functioning of our Services and provide you with a user–friendly service, we will use your personal information, and/or Usage Information:
- to provide you with information such as to send you electronic correspondence or to provide you with promotional and marketing materials on behalf of us or third–parties, including to let you know about new products or services;
- manage risk, or to detect, prevent, and/or remediate fraud or other potentially prohibited or illegal activities;
- manage and protect our information technology infrastructure;
- to improve the Services, marketing endeavors, or our Services offerings;
- to customize your experience on the Services or to serve you specific content or ads that we deem are relevant to you;
- to identify your Services related preferences so that you can be informed of new or additional opportunities, products, services, and promotions;
- to improve the overall experience at the Services;
- to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- for internal business purposes; and
(c) California Privacy Rights. We may elect to share information about you with third–parties for those third–parties’ direct marketing purposes. California Civil Code § 1798.83 permits California residents who have supplied personal information (as defined in the law) to us to, under certain circumstances, request and obtain certain information regarding our disclosure, if any, of personal information to third–parties for their direct marketing purposes. If this law applies to you, you may obtain the categories of personal information shared by us and the names and addresses of all third–parties that received personal information for their direct marketing purposes from us during the immediately prior calendar year (e.g., requests made in 2021 will receive information about 2020 sharing activities). To make such a request, please provide sufficient information for us to determine if this applies to you, attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for our response. To make such a request (limit one request per year), please contact us at our Email Notice Address with “California Privacy Rights” as the subject line or mail us a letter to us at our Physical Notice Address. You must include your full name, email address, and postal address in your request.
(d) Nevada Privacy Rights—“Do Not Sell My Personal Information”. We may elect to share information about you with third–parties for those third–parties’ direct marketing purposes. Nevada Revised Statutes §§ 603A.300-.360 permits Nevada residents who have supplied personal information (as defined in the law) to us to, under certain circumstances, request and opt out of the sale of your personal information to third–parties for their direct marketing purposes. If this law applies to you, and you wish to make such a request, please provide sufficient information for us to determine if this applies to you, attest to the fact that you are a Nevada resident and provide a current Nevada address for our response. To make such a request, please contact us at our Email Notice Address with “Nevada Privacy Rights” as the subject line or mail us a letter at our Physical Notice Address. You must include your full name, email address, and postal address in your request.
Access and Consent.
Upon request, Company will grant you reasonable access to personal information that it holds about you and was collected through our Public Website. Company will take reasonable steps to permit individuals to correct, amend, or delete information about them that is shown to be inaccurate or incomplete.
In addition, Company allows users to modify the level of communications that you receive related to our Services. You may contact our Support Team through our support portal, or through other means as highlighted on the Website, to obtain current information about how to modify the types of information that you receive from Company.
standard contractual clauses
To the extent Company has agreements in place with any affiliates or subprocessors, each who may have access to the personal data, such agreements shall incorporate the EU Commission approved Standard Contractual Clauses (“Standard Contractual Clauses”).
ONWARD TRANSFER OF INFORMATION.
Company will not disclose any personally identifiable information to a third party who is not a Company contractor or agent (“Agent”) except as outlined above. For third parties acting as an Agent, Company will ascertain that the third party subscribes to the Standard Contractual Clauses, is subject to the EU Data Protection Directive, or has entered into an agreement with Company that is consistent with the applicable or required principles.
In the context of an onward transfer, Company has responsibility for the processing of personal information it receives under the Standard Contractual Clauses and subsequently transfers to an Agent on its behalf. Company shall remain liable under the such principles if its Agent processes such personal information in a manner inconsistent with such principles, unless Company proves that it is not responsible for the event giving rise to the damage.
Company takes reasonable technical, administrative, and physical measures to protect the security of your personal information from unauthorized use, disclosure and alteration.
When you place orders or access your personal account information, you're utilizing a secure connection via SSL, which encrypts your personal information before it's sent over the Internet.
Company provides information and training to all employees who have access to personally identifiable data maintained by Company, and Company employees are responsible for the internal security of such information.
Company takes all reasonable measures to ensure that such information is reliable for its intended use, and is accurate, complete, and current.
Inside the Company, data is stored in password–controlled servers with limited access.
You also have a significant role in protecting your information. No one can see or edit your personal information without knowing your user name and password, so do not share these with others.
users outside of the united states.
(a) Transfer of Your Information. Our Services are operated in the United States and intended for users located in the United States. While we do not expect to directly market our Services to users outside the United States in any material manner if you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that information we collect, including personal information, will be transferred to, and processed, stored and used in the United States in order to provide the Services to you. Where GDPR applies and our processors of your personal information are located outside the European Economic Area, such transfer will only be to a recipient country that ensures an adequate level of data protection, or with your explicit consent.
(b) Additional Rights Provided to EU Individuals.
- Access and Portability: You have the right to ask us to access the information we hold about you, including personal information, and be provided with certain information about how we use such information and who we share it with. Where you have provided your personal information to us with your consent, you have the right to ask us for a copy of this data in a structured, machine readable format, and to ask us to share (port) this data to another data controller.
- Right to deletion: In certain circumstances, you have the right to ask us to delete personal information we hold about you:
- where you believe that it is no longer necessary for us to hold your data including personal information;
- where we are processing your personal information on the basis of legitimate interests and you object to such processing and we cannot demonstrate an overriding legitimate ground for the processing;
- where you have provided your personal information to us with your consent and you wish to withdraw your consent and there is no other ground under which we can process your personal information; or
- where you believe the personal information we hold about you is being unlawfully processed by us.
- Restriction: In certain circumstances, you have the right to ask us to restrict (stop any active) processing of your personal information:
- where you believe the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate and while we verify accuracy;
- where we want to erase your personal information as the processing is unlawful, but you want us to continue to store it;
- where we no longer need your personal information for the purposes of our processing, but you require us to retain the data for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims; or
- where you have objected to us processing your personal information based on our legitimate interests and we are considering your objection.
In addition, you can object to our processing of your Personal Information based on our legitimate interests and we will no longer process your Personal Information unless we can demonstrate an overriding legitimate ground.
To exercise any of these rights above, please contact us at our Email Notice Address.
Please note that these rights are limited, for example, where fulfilling your request would adversely affect other individuals, where there are overriding public interest reasons, or where we are required by law to retain your personal information.
You can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at our Email Notice Address.
- Complaints: In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how we process your personal information, please contact us in the first instance at our Email Notice Address and we will endeavor to deal with your request as soon as possible. This is without prejudice to your right to raise a complaint with a relevant supervisory authority.
Company does not knowingly collect or maintain information acquired through our site from persons under 13 years of age, and no part of the site or services is directed to persons under 13 years of age. Any user under 13 years of age should not use or access our site at any time or in any manner. If Company learns that personally identifiable information of persons less than 13 years of age has been collected from our site without verified parental consent, then Company will take the appropriate steps to delete this information.
IN THE EVENT OF MERGER, SALE, OR BANKRUPTCY.
In the event that all or part of Company is acquired by or merged with a third–party entity, Company may transfer or assign the personally identifiable information held by Company as part of such merger, acquisition, or other change of control. In the unlikely event of Company's bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, receivership, or assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors' rights generally, Company may not be able to control how personal information is treated, transferred, or used.